In the past couple of weeks, almost the entire world is still because of the lockdown and all the employees have been working from home. Every organization has started building strategies on how to operate post coronavirus when the lockdowns will be over
Coronavirus has changed the entire scenario. All the business strategies and models are currently uncertain. No one knows what effect coronavirus will have on the world economy. Many companies have started laying off or doing pay-cuts and some are even closing down. Everyone has been thinking and discussing how the post corona workplace will be, how every organization will operate, will work from home will become the new normal.?
With so many uncertainties following 7 qualities organization will need to develop in their employees to succeed in the post coronavirus world
- Emotional Intelligence – When employees will be back to their work desk nothing will be the same. With the fear of getting laid off and with not understanding where the business is going to lead emotional intelligence will be needed more than ever. Emotional intelligence is all about being aware of your emotions and controlling them so that it doesn?t affect the work. Emotional intelligence was mostly required for the leader but with the change in the current scenario, every organization irrespective of size and turnover will need to make sure that every employee’s emotional intelligence skills are developed. It will help the employees to stay optimistic and flexible so that they can contribute to the business to come out of the crisis which has been occurred because of the current situation.
- Adaptability – The business world was already changing but the pandemic has made the process faster. Every employee needs to be prepared to face all the changes right from the workplace, expectations, process, etc. They need to be open with the current and all the future challenges that will be coming. With so many uncertainties and changes decisions that will be taken might be required to change based on the situation and every person in the organization needs to be flexible to adapt themselves so that it doesn?t affect the individual productivity.
- Innovative – In the post coronavirus world, human creativity is going to play an essential role in every organization. In fact, during this pandemic, we have seen many companies changing their services to cope up with the current situation like for example domino who was known for their pizza?s started delivering groceries through their app. Another very good example can be Swiggy a known food delivery app started genie services with which people can order anything right from groceries, medicines or any item from a store and swiggy will deliver to your house. Coming times will require employees to come up with new technologies and new ways of doing things. For any business to succeed in the future will require how well its people have new ways of thinking.
- Analytical Thinking – Employees with analytical thinking can solve complex problems by using reasoning and logical skills. Post pandemic every business will require to face many challenges and every organization will need their employees to find out the best possible solutions by objectively evaluating every problem. People will need to decide based on data and logic rather than emotions.
- Openness to Learn – With a difficult business environment, every organization will need employees who are ready and open to learning new skills and technologies. Any organization to grow and succeed will need employees with a growth mindset who are developing their skills and intelligence for achieving higher results.
- Communication – Communication has always been an important skill but it will be more important now. Every employee needs to make sure that they communicate the right message in the right way to the other people for the organization to operate smoothly and achieve its plans as fastest as possible.?
- Self Dependent – Before the pandemic we were seeing the need for employees being self-dependent was being preferred but in the post-pandemic time, it will become a necessity. Organizations will need their employees to take charge of their works. Employees need to make decisions alone. Taking approval in every step and task will only delay the process, and to match up with the future business world every organization need to fasten their work process.?
No organization were prepared to cope up with the pandemic Covid19. Rater no one could imagine a few months back of operating the business like this. But we can prepare for the post-pandemic world.?
Take care and Be Safe!